Next Stop on the Blog Train!

Hello there!! And welcome to your next stop on the ScrapMatters [inter]National Scrapbooking Day blog train. This train has stops ALL OVER THE WORLD!!! You might have just come from the ScrapMatters Blog. That's the stop before this one. And now you've arrived in Utah at Britt-ish Designs!

Our NSD mega-collab at SM this weekend is called "Moments that Matter" and the whole theme of our celebration is all about those moments in our lives that really matter. At each stop you'll find a story about a Moment that Matters along with a freebie!! There are TONS of stops on this blog train, so you can pick up a LOT of goodies!!

OK, so the 'moment that matters' I've chosen to share is . . . my proposal!

Josh and I were in Chicago visiting my brother & sister-in-law. They were living there for the summer. Josh and I had been sight-seeing on our own all day. We went on an architectural boat tour, window-shopped down Michigan Ave, we'd even gone into Tiffany's on lark, just to look. There were lots of beautiful rings, but we weren't ring shopping. I had told Josh whenever we decided to get married that I wanted him to pick my ring because if he really knew me well enough he'd chose a ring I'd love. (I know - no pressure, huh??). Along with all the gorgeous rings we saw, we saw one ring that was definitely something I DIDN'T want. It was not pretty!

Later we went to the top of the Sears Tower. My brother had been there the week before and told us that we had to see the sun set from up there because it was really beautiful. But we arrived a little too early, and we had to wait quite a while for the sun to set. We were sitting on the floor just hanging out, waiting. I was texting my sister-in-law and felt Josh fidgeting around in his pocket, but I didn't give it a second thought.

Josh said, "So, what if I get you a ring you hate? Like that one we saw this afternoon?".

I said, "Then I'll LOVE IT because you loved it enough to get it for me. I'll love any ring you give me."

Then he said, "What about this ring?"

I looked up from my phone and there was my Josh, holding out a little white ring box with the most perfect ring I'd ever seen. I gasped and immediately started to cry. I was SHOCKED! I had no idea he had a ring at all!! I figured maybe in a few more months this would be happening. He TOTALLY surprised me.

Josh got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. Of course I said yes. WAY UP IN THE AIR on the top of Sears Tower, on June 20, 2005 at sunset Josh and Brittney got engaged!!



And that's my "Moment That Matters" story!! And now, your freebie!! What you've been patiently waiting for. I have some sweet word art and word strips for you!!



download no longer available

Link will be active until midnight Thursday night 5/6. Then all these blog train goodies are getting gathered up and put into the store!

Enjoy!!! And now you're off to the next stop on the blog train . . .

Heidi's Blog!

Have fun and HAPPY NSD!!!!

0 komentar on Next Stop on the Blog Train! :