my grammy

On New Years Eve our Grammy Rodee passed away. It was sudden and we definitely weren't ready. I would give anything for one last hug, one last kiss, one last I love you.





Grammy's hasn't been feeling well for a couple years now, so I'm very happy she's home with her Father in Heaven feeling young and healthy and free once again! She was also in the early stages of Alzheimer's. I feel it was a merciful blessing (for her and for Gramps) that she didn't have to have that disease take her.



All three of her sisters were waiting for her in heaven, and I'm sure they probably had a wonderful New Year's Eve party together. They always knew how to have a good time!



I know she knew how much I loved her. Well, I really hope and pray she knew! I can't even begin to explain or express our relationship. I loved her very much. She was an incredible example of a loving wife, a hard-working mother, and a pillar of strength for her family.

I'm so happy she got to meet my Scarlett and hold her and get to know her sweet personality.





She loved Scarlett so much. She lit up when I brought her to visit.



Hug your grandparents tight. Look in their eyes. Listen closely to their stories. I wish I could go back to the last time I saw her (our family Christmas party) and just revel in her company. It's a comfort to know that she got some quality playtime and love from Scarlett that night. We gave her and Gramps a beautiful photograph of all the great grandbabies and she really loved it.





And the grandkids also did a nativity reenactment, which I know she really enjoyed. I'm happy that we were able to bring joy to her heart for Christmas.

It's sad to think about her not being with us here anymore, but I know its not goodbye. It's see you later.

I'll miss her so much until then.

0 komentar on my grammy :