welcome to the world, baby girl!

HELLO blog world! Did you think I'd fallen off the face of the planet?! I'm FINALLY making time to sit down and share a little about Scarlett's arrival into the world. Mama-hood is WONDERFUL and totally consuming. I do little but nurse, change diapers, sleep whenever I get the chance, and smile and stare at my baby girl.

But I know many of you are waiting to hear about how we're doing and see some proper photos other than those on twitter.

I was induced on Wednesday morning at around 9 am. My doc broke my water and the contractions started immediately. They started the Pitocin and the contractions got even stronger. I got my epidural and had a VERY relaxing afternoon. I felt comfortable and calm. Eventually I got a weird hot spot where I could start feeling my contractions on one side. But the anesthesiologist fixed it just in time for me to start feeling some serious pressure! I had a WONDERFUL nurse, and she checked me and I was at a 10! I think it took about 7 hours to get from a 2.5 (where I started when I arrived) to a 10.

I had to push for an hour and a half and it was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life. I guess I had a really light epidural or it wore off or something because I felt EVERY contraction and it was pretty painful. My nurse and Josh were amazing and totally supported and encouraged me and helped me feel like I could do it. Just when I felt like I didn't have anything else left to give she FINALLY came.

Scarlett Ann was born at 5:55 pm on Wed. March 16th. She weighed 8 lb. 6 oz. and was 20" long. She had quite a rockin' cone head, but it was covered with TONS of curly dark brown hair. We couldn't believe all that HAIR! She was healthy and happy and totally GORGEOUS. I know we are biased, but for a newborn, she was just stunning! C'mon. Look at her. EVERY nurse, doctor, hospital worker ooohed and ahhhed over her hair and her beauty.

Our amazing families obviously thought so too. They waited a REALLY long time to get to see her. After her birth I needed some time with just my baby and Josh to catch my breath, take it all in, etc. So they just had to wait! (thanks for being patient family members)


Our hospital stay was GREAT. We were exhausted, and we pretty much had visitors 'round the clock. But I look back at that precious time and want to go back!! Having people there to wait on us, help us, being stuck in one room with my hubby and my baby. I LOVED it. Despite the lack of sleep and pain and all that. It was a very very special time for me.




So - now we're home and adjusting to real life. I don't feel like I'm really living 'real' life yet, because I don't really have to accomplish anything each day. I just hang out with my girl. And I LOVE IT! My mom stayed with us the first week and spoiled us by waiting on us hand and foot. This week my wonderful neighbors from the church and other friends have been bringing in meals. We are so blessed to be well taken care of.

Life is easy and good. Scarlett is a STELLAR baby. She eats like a champ!! After hearing so many of my friends' stories, I was so worried I'd struggle with breast feeding. But she latched on her very first try right after she was born and she's been a great nurser ever since!

She's already two weeks old!!! I can't believe it. It's going by really fast, just like everyone says. But we're happy and well. I'll try and update the blog more often. I'm just having too much fun playing mommy to get on the computer much at all right now.


Could you get anything done with this gorgeous face looking at you all day?!

Thank you all so much for your sweet comments on Twitter, your emails, your thoughts and prayers. We are so grateful for your kindness to our new little family and are so humbled by the love that's been poured out on us.

I'll post again soon!!

0 komentar on welcome to the world, baby girl! :